2 min read December 17, 2018 at 2:43am
Chex mix recipe is frequently asked by moms who want to make homemade snacks for kids. Kids love Chex mix because they taste so good. However, buying store-bought Chex mix too many times is a kind of expensive. That is why making them on your own at home is a wiser option. Here is the easiest recipe to make the crunchy cereal mix.
- 6 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups peanuts, toasted (or baked)
- 4 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup cashews, toasted
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 6 cups Crispix cereal
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- To start making this Chex mix recipe, preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C).
- Prepare a small bowl. Into the bowl, add in melted butter, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, and garlic powder. Whish everything together until it is well-combined.
- Prepare a large bowl. Add Corn Chex cereal, toasted peanuts, Wheat Chex cereal, toasted cashews, Cheerios cereal, small pretzels and Crispix cereal into the bowl.
- Pour the seasoning sauce over the cereal mixture. Use your hand of some spoons to toss everything together until all ingredients are combined. You need to make sure that the cereals and nuts are evenly coated by the seasoning sauce and quite moistened.
- Prepare a baking tray. This best Chex mix recipe suggests you to coat the tray with cooking spray or line it with baking paper to avoid stickiness. Then, transfer the cereals and nuts mixture onto the tray. Spread evenly.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for one hour. Every 15 minutes, take the tray out of the oven and stir the mix. After an hour, the cereals and nuts mix should be crispy.
- Cool the mix for at least 1 hour. Once cool, use airtight containers to store the mix. It will last for 2 weeks or so at room temperature.
Chex mix is not only delicious, but also quite healthy, with all the nuts and grains on the cereals. Therefore, you should not get worried about eating too much of them. The Chex mix recipe above makes the cereals and nuts combo even more delicious and healthy.